This wiki has been created to document things you can do on the command line on an Ubuntu Phone.
See also the BQ Aquaris E 4.5 Ubuntu phone book on gitbooks.
People with accounts with administrator permissions can create accounts for other people.
- SSH access through Wifi — How to get SSH access to the Ubuntu Phone via Wifi
- USB networking — How to get SSH access through USB networking
- Install Packages — make the filesystem read-write and install additional
- Find Phone — this is a script to find your phone on the local network by it's Mac address
- Encrypted Home — add an additional account and create an encrypted home directory for it
- Proxy Web Traffic — install privoxy to filter out adverts and optionally forward web traffic to a ssh tunnel
- Debian Chroot — install a Debian system on an Ubuntu Phone
- Firewall — install and configure a firewall using iptables
- Resize Root — of course this isn't recommended!
# this is a test of the syntax highlighting echo "hello world!" | sed 's/world/Ubuntu phone/' hello Ubuntu phone!